Saturday, November 22, 2014

3 weeks




3 weeks?  3 weeks!  3 weeks...

The past 21 days have felt like multiple years, but also feels like a few hours.  I can't believe how much I've learned, although I wish I was blissfully ignorant ;-)  But I also can't believe how much I've loved.  These kids haven't done anything but fight for their life (and stress me out in the process), but my heart breaks every time I leave them.

Neither kid gained weight today, probably because of the laxis.  Scarlett had a minor change on her vent, having her Mean Airway Pressure lowered to 11.5 from 12.  Otherwise her day was thankfully uneventful.

Grayson spent most of his day being weened on his vent to be ready for the SiPAP, and around 5:30pm, made the switch!  He wasn't as excited about it as we were, and doesn't seem to like the tubing in his nose, but otherwise is doing OK.


Here are pics of Grayson's SiPAP mask and machine:


3 comments:

  1. Thank God for uneventful. I am hoping that lowering the Mean Airway Pressure is a good thing. I am thrilled that Grayson is off the ventilator and on to a new machine. Wonderful progress. But seeing the picture I can understand why he wasn't as happy about it as we all are...imagine having all that "stuff" around your head to say nothing of the tubing in the nose and trying to sleep. Good thing babies are resiliant and when he grows up, he won't remember any of this. OK...so God...you know how thankful I am for the progress that we are seeing so far and especially for the leap Grayson made today to the new machine and I continue to ask you to keep Grayson moving in a positive direction.. But forgive me if today I pray a little harder for darling Scarlett. She needs some serious healing for her lungs and heart. I beg for her to be able to have KC with Tricia...I think she's only had it once, and then for only about 45 minutes. I know these babies are always in your care and I trust in you to help the medical personnel in caring for them here. As always, give Tricia and Tim the grace and blessings they need to strengthen them on this road with their children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's celebrate 3 weeks! Preemies are tougher than they look and these babies are winners! Praying that Grayson can adjust to the new machine and that Scarlett takes a big step forward! Yes, we are grateful for the progress that the twins have made. We continue to ask for even more progress, healing and graces. These babies are indeed in God's loving care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 3 weeks to the twins! Thank you God for all the work you have done in these 3 weeks! Dear God, please continue to work hard for these babies, continue their progress and keep them free of infection and keep helping them take steps to coming home!

    ReplyDelete