Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

Grayson:



Scarlett:

 Scarlett; the picture is grainy but I was trying to be fast so we could put her mask back on.



We don't have many updates today, but in honor of the holiday, I wanted to share some of our gratitude.  The past 3.5 weeks have been hard but it could of been impossible.

We are thankful for Grayson and Scarlett.  They don't do a whole lot but still they have little personalities that you can see in their faces.  They get annoyed and they get happy.  This week we heard them cry.  They were sad little whimpers and as much as I don't want them to be angry, I am thankful that they were well enough to cry!

We are thankful for our employers.  Trish has been at Oakstone for several years, and it warms my heart that they really are a part of our family.  There are so many people there that love her and our kids!  I started working for Fast Switch 2 months ago.  My boss let me start 2 business days after I accepted the offer so I could start Sept 30th and be on their insurance Oct. 1st.  I was worried about the doctor's appointments we would have.  Little did I know that we would be checking into the hospital before October was over.  I was excited to come work here for a guy that I had admired for many years, but I am pleasantly surprised to see how empathetic and accommodating he is.

We are thankful for the NICU and their staff.  Check out this article about the NICU.  As she mention, this place is hard, scary, noisy, overwhelming yet wonderful.  There are many daunting statistics surrounding our micro preemies that we can't dwell on. All I know is that without the NICU, they wouldn't be here today.

We are extremely thankful for our family and friends.  You have supported us physically and spiritually.  I am amazed at how many people have come along side us through this ordeal.  We have received gifts from strangers and heard from friends of friends across the world.  I know that God hears are prayers and is here with us!

Lastly, we are thankful for our relationship with God. At 20 years old I made the decision to accept Jesus Christ as my personal savior, and would love to share that story with you one day.  But what happened that day is God came to live inside of me.  Without Him, I would be a broken down mess.  Don't get me wrong, there have been nights where I lay in bed sobbing uncontrollably, worried that my phone will ring and a Nurse Practitioner will be on the other side, informing me they are doing CPR but are past the point they believe it will make a difference.  BUT God is the ultimate healer and comforter.  Romans 8:28 promises that God will work this situation for the good.  Selfishly I hope it is a miraculous situation and I can come along other parents showing pictures of my twins who played sports, made honor roll, married someone that we love, bought houses, had kids of their own,,,,,,  but if my journey is harder, I will lean on him to be my comfort and strength!


UPDATES:

Scarlett's temperature was lower today so she is being monitored closely, but so far the labs are not showing anything we should be concerned with.  She had a large gain today and is up to 2 pounds, 13 ounces!

Grayson started getting apneic last night.  This morning he had a couple spells in a row that the nurse couldn't bring him back from so he was intubated again around 10am.  He was doing pretty well this afternoon/evening, but is much more lethargic than normal.  They are running labs on him to see if it could be an infection.  Its not uncommon for someone in his condition to go back and forth, and the good news is he has a bigger tube now so there is less of an air leak.

3 comments:

  1. God, on this Thanksgiving Day we join with all those around the world who stop to recognize that every good gift comes from you and the grace we need to face life's daily trials is your blessing for us. We are thankful that Scarlett has gained almost a pound since she was born and that at this point things are relatively stable for her. We ask you to continue to help her make positive progress. Now Grayson needs your special care. Please help him to regain the progress he had made regarding his breathing. Heal whatever is causing his lethargy. This is a long battle and these tiny children need you to lift them along the way. Surround Tricia and Tim with your love as their emotions go through these highs and lows. Please give them strength to continue to be the best parents for Scarlett and Grayson. Help the nurses and doctors...give them your wisdom to see the most effective plan to help the babies. And on a personal note, God...roller coasters were never my favorite ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On this thanksgiving I am thankful for you -Tim and Trish and your amazing babies. I am so thankful you have allowed us to virtually share in this story. I am thankful for your words and thoughts and how it allows each of us to see how many great people there are- your employers have just been amazing, the staff at the hospital been amazing, and all the amazing people on this journey. Sister Dennis is such an inspiring light leading us all daily in prayer on your blog. I have come to rely and repeat her faithful words.

    I am most thankful for you and Trish and Grayson And Scarlett following in Jesus' foot steps and shining your light of faith all over the world. In my own family, we have been inspired to extend nighly prayers, seek God more times each day, and for us to watch God's work each day enfold and be grateful.

    I wish you both a calm and peace filled day. I pray to Dear Lord, give all seeing, touching, caring, and praying for this family the strength they need every second of the day. For the medical staff, please give them endurance and knowledge to care for these children. For Tim and Trish please give them energy and continue to keep them safe and heathly. For these sweet children, protect them from infection, give them small steps to allow them to heal and grow and let your love surround them always. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't let the day go by without wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving. We are so thankful for Grayson and Scarlett! They are a blessing for all of us. Thank God for these precious gifts.

    ReplyDelete